Forum

THE BEER SESSIONS LYRICS HAVE BEEN POSTED!

Started by thestatesend Mar 14, 2017. 0 Replies

Hey gang, the official THE BEER SESSIONS lyrics have been posted. Head on over to the Discography page and click on a song title to be redirected to the lyrics.Continue

Top 5 'deep' tracks you'd like to hear Sponge play in their live set

Started by Peter Slis. Last reply by Wyatt McCoy Mar 13, 2017. 17 Replies

I get to see Sponge on April 12, 2014 for the first time.   I am sure I am gonna love the show, no matter what they play -- can't wait.It got me to thinking, what song(s) that weren't big hits would…Continue

Discography Page Updated

Started by thestatesend Mar 5, 2017. 0 Replies

Hey gang, updated the Discography page today. Added The Beer Sessions and Deep Cuts along with some links. Let me know if there is anything you want to see there and I'll see what I can do.Continue

Beer Sessions Lyrics

Started by Wyatt McCoy. Last reply by thestatesend Mar 5, 2017. 2 Replies

Hey I was wondering if the lyrics to the songs on Beer Sessions was gonna be added to the discography page.  Love to see them!Continue

Music

Loading…

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

Who thinks Sponge should Continue to make Albums!!

I SURE DO!!!  If you agree, say so here!!  Let Vin and the Gang know we want more and will support them!!

Views: 371

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hope Sponge continues to make albums!!  I'm really impressed at the last four or five albums/eps they've put out.  Destroy the Boy was great, especially loved Galore Galore, The Man had some great guitars and had a dark feel to it, loved Hard to Keep my Cool, and I thought that every song on For All The Drugs in the World was a hit!  I think For all the Drugs could be my most favorite album!  I'll keep buying their albums if they keep putting them out!

Totally ... !! Who wouldn't want new albums from their favorite band ? Besides a new album means more shows, and I ((LOVE)) their shows ... just wish they came to cali more =(

Hell yeah!  Keep putting out those great albums.  I'm still listening the absolute $#!+ out of The Man, Galore Galore and Wax Ecstatic after all these years.  :D

I hope Sponge continues to make albums forever, I will always buy them. I also hope they will release a collection of hard to find B-sides and maybe even release some remixes! It would be especially cool if they would release an entire remix album with remixes of all their biggest hits!

I love the band Sponge.  The 2nd album "Wax Ecstatic" is one of the greatest albums ever put out.  Now I consider myself a major rock & roll aficionado, still buying a lot of CD's year after year.  At the end of each year I put together a top 5 list of the best albums from the previous year (last year #1 was "Babel" by Mumford & Sons).  While I was going through all the 2013 albums I saw a trend building, something I hadn't seen in a couple of years, there were a lot of high quality releases last year.  Which is why this is even more important and special to be able to say to you (true fans) that "Stop The Bleeding" came out on top of this excellent group.  Of course this makes me very happy, surprised, and wanting to see the band sing these songs live now!  If you have yet to make the leap and buy this album (which I'm sure all of you have), don't deprive yourself of the best album of 2013.

Yes, absolutely.  I've enjoyed all of their later releases - Galore Galore and Destroy the Boy are very strong! 

They have a lot of gas left in the tank, and I must say I am thrilled that I will finally get to see them in FLORIDA at WJRR's Earthday Birthday!! 

Sponge is THE main reason I am buying tickets tonight.

Thanks guys, for coming down this way.  I'll see you soon.

"metal pete"

Yesss!  I just wish they would play some more of the new stuff!

Darren Perleberg said:

I love the band Sponge.  The 2nd album "Wax Ecstatic" is one of the greatest albums ever put out.  Now I consider myself a major rock & roll aficionado, still buying a lot of CD's year after year.  At the end of each year I put together a top 5 list of the best albums from the previous year (last year #1 was "Babel" by Mumford & Sons).  While I was going through all the 2013 albums I saw a trend building, something I hadn't seen in a couple of years, there were a lot of high quality releases last year.  Which is why this is even more important and special to be able to say to you (true fans) that "Stop The Bleeding" came out on top of this excellent group.  Of course this makes me very happy, surprised, and wanting to see the band sing these songs live now!  If you have yet to make the leap and buy this album (which I'm sure all of you have), don't deprive yourself of the best album of 2013.

I remember when Sponge were huge!

In 1996...I hope they put out a record worthy of their first two.

I also think All the drugs in the world and The Man were great great records and very overlooked.

But Wax Esctastic is always the best.

One thing I suggest they do is experiment more with their music, and not go for the riff sounds so much but be clever and do new mysterious weird sounds.

There are a number of albums of theirs I haven't heard, the 1st one...the most recent one and their 1999 one New Pop Sunday.

Their 1999 record is a very overlooked album I have to say as well - and although I haven't listened to it, I have heard songs off it, and its very good.

But the sound of the first two records is where it is, but I think they can do much better.

Go for a dark experimental sound, with atmospheric noises.

If you want to hear guitar riffs listen to "The Man"...I want to hear something new.

The last new Sponge sound was the first 2 or 3 records.

Something new.....something different.

Bring Sponge back to the popularity they had in 1996.

More songs like "Have you seen mary" would not do the band any harm either, and acoustic guitar songs.

Stone Temple Pilots = Creep? Pretty Penny? Wonderful? Adhesive?

Mr. Healey,

Great points.  I own every Sponge record, and have since the day they were released.  I want to focus on your point that the band should try something new/different.  What I can recommend is that you find yourself a copy of "Stop The Bleeding", it's not your typical Sponge record and it is awesome.

Also, if you're looking for something a bit different from Vin then I suggest some of his other work:

Crud

The Orbitsuns

Spys4Darwin

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Sponge Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service